Luther H., b. June 28, 1823, Boston, N. Y. Taught school; grad. Geneva Med. Col., 1846; m. Arvilla Ferguson at Boston, 1846. Removed to Greenbush, Wis., and began the practice of medicine; in which he was successful; served in State Senate two terms, and in the lower House one; was a delegate to the Convention that nominated Abraham Lincoln. Was Surgeon of the 12th Wis., and afterwards Med. Inspector of the 16th Corps. Removed to Oakland, Cal., for his health; was elected to the Legislature, and for some years was Collector of Internal Revenue; d. Sept. 16, 1888; they had:
1. Florence Eugenia, b. Aug. 15, 1859; m. Joseph N. Ziegenfuss, live
in Oakland, and had
* Florence Cary, b. Mar. 13, 1884.
* Josephine Cary, b. Dec. 2, 1886; d. 1895.
* Arvilla Cary, b. Jan. 26, 1892.
* Kathryn Cary, b. April 16, 1896.
* Grace Cary, b. Oct. 13, 1900.
2. Lewis Harvey, b. Aug. 27, 1865; m. Bessie Llewellyn, live at Oakland;
* Alice, b. Nov. 4, 1888.
* John Earl, b. July 18, 1890.
* Louis Llewellyn, b. Feb. 21, 1894.
John Cary the Plymouth Pilgrim, Page 199
Author: Seth C. Cary
Call Number: CS71.C332